The ESP8266-01 is a low cost and user-friendly device to provide internet connectivity to your projects. This module can be used as a Wi-Fi hotspot or can connect to any WI-Fi network. We use this module to make our projects IoT enabled and gather and process the data easily. The ESP-01 can also fetch data from the internet and it can be used in your project. Its most important feature is that it can be programmed with Arduino IDE, which makes it a lot more user friendly. One drawback of this module is that it only has two GPIO pins, so you have to use it along with another controller like Arduino, or go for other modules like NodeMCU, ESP-12, or ESP-32. It finds uses in Portable Electronics, Robotics, Home Automation, Wireless Data Logging, etc.
Features & Specification
- 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Dimensions: 25 x 15 x 11 mm (LxWxH)
- Weight: 2 gm
- 1MB Flash Memory
- SDIO 1.1 / 2.0, SPI, UART
- Integrated TR switch, Balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Integrated PLLs, regulators, DCXO and power management units
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Power down leakage current of <10uA
- PCB Thickness: 1mm
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as an application processor
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
- Project prototyping.
- Developing varied varieties of projects that require a code based control.
- Automation System Designed & Development.
- Learning AVR programming.
- Entry level circuit designing and Embedded system design.