The dual axis Joy Stick Module is a high-quality component that detects movements in 2 directions. Equipped with an inbuilt switch, the stick can be pressed to activate it. This module employs two Potentiometers, approximately 10k each, to enable directional movements for each axis. By moving the “hat,” you can measure position coordinates on both the X and Y axis. The stick also contains a press-able switch, similar to the XBOX controller. When the module is in working mode, it generates two analog values that represent two directions. This module runs on a 5V power supply, and the analog input reading is around 2.5V. As you move the joystick, the value increases, reaching a maximum of 5V, and decreases as it moves in the opposite direction until it hits 0V.
Specifications and Features:-
- Dimensions: 40 x 27 x 15 (LxWxH) mm
- Weight: 10gm (without Hat).
- 2.54mm pin interface leads
- Operating Voltage: 5V.
- Long service life and stable performance
- Standard interface and electronic building blocks
- Widely use in Arduino DIY projects
- Cross rocker as a two-way 10K resistor, with the rocker in a different direction