This workshop starts from the basics of Arduino programming and Analog Electronics. Students are introduced to the concepts of Internet of Things and the various development tools available around them to start leveraging the technology. They are taught to use a NodeMCU to capture data from their surroundings using various sensors; as well as send the captured data to a web application and process it further, for data storage and analysis. They are also taught to use the solution for automation of output devices such as LEDs connected to the NodeMCU.
On the whole, you understand the concept of bi-directional data flow between the NodeMCU and any IOT Platform (The Web Application) that provides similar functionalities to capture data from a device like NodeMCU and graphically present it on the web application; or for automating devices on the IOT device end with a control panel being present on the web application end.
This workshop is open to anyone and everyone, having a prior exposure to any sort of programming language. The workshop is intended for Engg. Grads, School Students, Designers and Hobbyists interested in creating interactive connected systems using NodeMCU over the internet.
- Getting used to Internet Terminologies
- Understanding the data flow in IoT
- Introduction to Arduino Ecosystem
- Getting Used to the Arduino IDE
- Introduction to NodeMCU
- Setting Up NodeMCU on Arduino IDE
- Programming with Arduino on NodeMCU
- Blinking LEDs in a pattern
- Introduction to Serial Monitoring and ADC
- Basic Understanding of the “IOT Cloud”
- Using NodeMCU to receive data from Internet for Automation
- Practical – Using NodeMCU to send physical sensor data to Cloud Platform for storage
- Practical – Home Appliance Control By IoT Platform.